The Washington Football Team haven’t won a game against the New York Giants since Oct. 28 of 2018, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Sunday. Washington will take on New York at 1 p.m. ET at FedEx Field after a week off. Washington will be strutting in after a win while the Giants will be stumbling in from a defeat.Watch free here
Washington ran circles around the Dallas Cowboys two weeks ago, and the extra yardage (397 yards vs. 142 yards) paid off. Washington blew past Dallas 25-3. The oddsmakers were on Washington’s side, but they didn’t give the team enough credit as the margin was unexpectedly wide. Among those leading the charge for them was RB Antonio Gibson, who rushed for one TD and 128 yards on 20 carries. This was the first time Gibson has racked up 100+ rushing yards all year.
Washington’s defense was a presence as well, holding Dallas to a paltry 142 yards. The defense embarrassed Dallas’ offensive line to sack the QB six times for a loss of 55 yards. Leading the way was LB Montez Sweat and his two sacks. Sweat now has five sacks through seven games.
Meanwhile, it was close but no cigar for the Giants as they fell 25-23 to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last Monday. No one had a standout game offensively for New York, but they got scores from WR Golden Tate, RB Dion Lewis, and RB Wayne Gallman. QB Daniel Jones ended up with a passer rating of 119.80.
Washington’s victory brought them up to 2-5 while New York’s loss pulled them down to 1-7. Washington is 0-1 after wins this year, and New York is 1-5 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: FedEx Field — Landover, Maryland
- TV: FOX
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $63.08
The Football Team are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Giants, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Football Team as a 3.5-point favorite.
See NFL picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
New York have won seven out of their last 11 games against Washington.
- Oct 18, 2020 – New York 20 vs. Washington 19
- Dec 22, 2019 – New York 41 vs. Washington 35
- Sep 29, 2019 – New York 24 vs. Washington 3
- Dec 09, 2018 – New York 40 vs. Washington 16
- Oct 28, 2018 – Washington 20 vs. New York 13
- Dec 31, 2017 – New York 18 vs. Washington 10
- Nov 23, 2017 – Washington 20 vs. New York 10
- Jan 01, 2017 – New York 19 vs. Washington 10
- Sep 25, 2016 – Washington 29 vs. New York 27
- Nov 29, 2015 – Washington 20 vs. New York 14
- Sep 24, 2015 – New York 32 vs. Washington 21