Though the game still has yet to get a release date, Streets of Rage 4 has a seriously stacked list of composers that will be contributing to its soundtrack. And leading the group is none other than the man that started it all for the franchise – Yuzo Koshiro!
Lizardcube and Guard Crush Games, alongside the publishers at DotEmu, revealed the team of composers today in a new video, which can be seen below. In it, Koshiro-san explained his motivation behind the soundtrack for the new game, as well as his motivation behind it. Not only that, but he also discussed his partners on the soundtrack. They are as follows:
- Yuzo Koshiro (Streets of Rage 1, 2, and 3, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Revenge Shinobi, Shenmue I and II, etc.)
- Motohiro Kawashima (Streets of Rage 2 and 3, Shinobi II, Batman Returns, etc.)
- Yoko Shimomura (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Kingdom Hearts I, II, and III, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve, etc.)
- Hideki Naganuma (Jet Set Radio and Future, Super Monkey Ball, Sega Rally 2, etc.)
- Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl, etc.)
Although the soundtrack itself is still tightly under wraps, Koshiro did note that it is inspired by the classic game style, so it’ll definitely follow that mantra. So fans should be thrilled by the end result.
The game has yet to see a release date or announced platforms. However, PAX West is just around the corner. So hopefully, we’ll see some sort of details very soon. In the meantime, enjoy the video below!
Our team is working endlessly around the clock... Please follow us on Twitter or Facebook!Follow @ProSportsExtra