Who misses WWF Wrestlefest? That classic Technos arcade game brings back lots of memories, and it’s been ages since we’ve seen a game like it on the market. But believe it or not, Retrosoft Studios is about to make that dream a reality for Nintendo Switch owners.
The developer announced today that it would bring RetroMania Wrestling to Nintendo’s platform in Q1 2020. It’ll bring retro-style wrestling to the system, with a number of superstars, as pictured above. You can get a glimpse of what gameplay it has to offer in the video below.
Here’s a general overview of what the game will have to offer:
RetroMania Wrestling is the spiritual successor to the classic arcade game Wrestlefest that was released in 1991 by Technos of Japan.
RetroMania Wrestling will be a “pick up and play” arcade wrestling game with beautiful 2D sprites, incredible backgrounds and fast-paced arcade style game play.
- 12 – 16 Unique, distinct playable wrestlers at launch (adding more post launch via DLC)
- 2-8 player local multiplayer (Online TBD)
- Several match types, including One-on-One matches, Tag Team matches, and the Battle Royal
- Ring entrances with entrance music
- Multiple entrance attires for each wrestler
- Strategic gameplay that is easy to pick up and play
- Beautiful 2D pixel art animated sprites with over 700 frames of animation and animated backgrounds
- Crowd chants that react to the action on screen
- More features still to be added!
The game should be a big hit for fans. We’re definitely looking forward to it.
Our team is working endlessly around the clock... Please follow us on Twitter or Facebook!Follow @ProSportsExtra