Yesterday evening, President Joe Biden commented on the Texas Rangers allowing full fan capacity on opening day and for the remainder of the season.
Biden stated “Well, that’s a decision they made. I think it’s a mistake. They should listen to Dr. Fauci, the scientists and the experts. But I think it’s not responsible.”
The Rangers stadium (Globe Life Field) can hold up to 40,300 people. It should also be noted that the Texas Rangers are the only team allowing full fan capacity on opening day. Below are the listed enforced policies that will occur on opening day at Globe Life Field.
- Masks will be required for all fans except when actively eating or drinking at their seats. The mask mandate is included in all concourse areas and when entering Globe Life Field.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the ballpark.
- Globe Life Field will again be cashless, as it was for 2020 events. All tickets will be digital and only credit cards will be accepted at concession stands and retail locations.
- Social distancing will be enforced in concession lines and retail locations.
- No bags will be permitted except for those that are carried for medical reasons or manufactured diaper bags that accompany infants and young children.
Biden was later asked how how he would consult players who are not agreeable to obtaining the COVID-19 vaccination. He stated the following:
“”I would say I’m President of the United States and I got vaccinated. I don’t have an unimportant job. Would I take the vaccine if I thought it was going to hurt me? We have done incredible research on the vaccines and they have shown that they work. We have to get to the point where enough people have taken the vaccine so we diminish the possibility for it to spread.””