What to Know
The Atlanta Falcons are 7-1 against the Carolina Panthers since October of 2016, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success Sunday. Atlanta and Carolina will face off in an NFC South battle at 1 p.m. ET at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The Falcons won both of their matches against the Panthers last season (29-3 and 40-20) and are aiming for the same result this time around.
Atlanta came up short against the Green Bay Packers last week, falling 30-16. Atlanta’s loss came about despite a quality game from RB Todd Gurley, who punched in two rushing touchdowns.
Meanwhile, Carolina beat the Arizona Cardinals 31-21 last week. Carolina QB Teddy Bridgewater was slinging it as he passed for two TDs and 276 yards on 37 attempts in addition to rushing for one TD and 32 yards.
This next matchup is expected to be close, with Atlanta going off at just a 2-point favorite. But bettors beware: they are 0-2 against the spread when favored.
The Falcons are now 0-4 while the Panthers sit at 2-2. Two defensive numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: Atlanta is stumbling into the game with the most touchdowns allowed in the league, having given up 18 on the season. Carolina has experienced some struggles of their own as they are third worst in the NFL in rushing touchdowns allowed, with seven on the season. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium — Atlanta,, Georgia
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $63.90
The Falcons are a slight 2-point favorite against the Panthers, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Falcons as a 3-point favorite.
See NFL picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Atlanta have won eight out of their last ten games against Carolina.
- Dec 08, 2019 – Atlanta 40 vs. Carolina 20
- Nov 17, 2019 – Atlanta 29 vs. Carolina 3
- Dec 23, 2018 – Atlanta 24 vs. Carolina 10
- Sep 16, 2018 – Atlanta 31 vs. Carolina 24
- Dec 31, 2017 – Atlanta 22 vs. Carolina 10
- Nov 05, 2017 – Carolina 20 vs. Atlanta 17
- Dec 24, 2016 – Atlanta 33 vs. Carolina 16
- Oct 02, 2016 – Atlanta 48 vs. Carolina 33
- Dec 27, 2015 – Atlanta 20 vs. Carolina 13
- Dec 13, 2015 – Carolina 38 vs. Atlanta 0
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Todd Gurley: 14.2 points
- Mike Davis: 14.01 points
- Matt Ryan: 24.47 points