Spread the love
- Frank Gore, BUF RB – Gore out-carried Singletary 19-6 which is huge, indicating Gore is the go-to runner. Although Singletary was able to grab a rushing score, Gore was about to out perform him racking up a total of 83 yards on 21 touches. I’d pick him up as a bench stash for now with the purpose of using him in your FLEX spot soon.
- DeMarcus Robinson, KC WR – So if we’ve learned anything about Kansas City’s offense these last two weeks, it’s that they don’t need the unreal speedster Tyreek Hill to ball out. Last week, Sammy Watkins decimated the Jags for 9 catches, 198 yards, and 3 scores… this week? Underwhelming 6 grabs for 49 yards. BUT, Robinson stepped up big adding his 6 receptions, 172 yards, and 2 touchdowns. Now, I know last week Robinson had only 1 catch, but that was with Watkins going insane and Tyreek Hill still in the lineup for some of the game. I think Robinson can solidify himself as a legitimate part of this offense and be a solid WR3 going forward while Hill is out.
- Case Keenum, WAS QB – Yeah I know, on paper he isn’t the best QB in the league but Keenum has showed flashes these first two games indicating that he could be solid for you if you need a QB. With Brees and Roethlisberger both getting injured this week, I’m sure some of you need a quarterback. Keenum posted 380 yards and 3 scores (37 points) in week 1, and added another 221 yards plus 2 more scores (22.5 points) this week. Solid. I like Keenum Monday night this upcoming week vs the Bears and I think he could put up another 270 yards for 2 touchdowns.
- Dallas Cowboys Defense – a defense? really? YEP. Look, they play Miami coming up this week…. you know what that means. New Englands defense posted a whopping 35 points against the terrible Dolphins offense and the Cowboys have a strong D who can easily get you 15-20 points this week so why not take a stab at them if they’re available in your league? Do it.
- Joey Slye, CAR K – Look, Cam Newton is struggling. I’m not sure if its the offensive play calling or his injured shoulder or both. But they cant score touchdowns. McCaffrey was shut down on TNF vs the Bucs, being held for 53 scoreless yards on 18 touches. DJ Moore was bright in the game but again, no touchdowns for him either. Meanwhile Joey Slye, the kicker from Virginia Tech, kicked 4 field goals for the Panthers and scored 16 fantasy points. Last week, Slye kicked 2 field goals and 3 PATs to give himself 12 fantasy points. Slye looks like a good option going forward.
- DJ Chark Jr, JAX WR – Chark seems to be Minshew’s favorite target in this offense, there are plenty of reports stating these two worked out together a ton during the summer and its translating here into the regular season. Last week, Chark posted a stat line of 4/146/1 resulting in 27.6 fantasy points. And this week, Chark tallied 7/55/1. I like those numbers. Chark is worth a grab if he’s a free agent in your league. Remember, he has the Titans on TNF this week. He’s a boom or bust WR4 for me this week.