1. First Dirt Road- Chris Colston: Think early Brantley Gilbert (like G.R.I.T.S.). Just a great cruising song. Have a beer or two heading to the fishing or swimming hole on a backroad.
2. Be Like That- Kane Brown, Swae Lee, Khalid- The first great summer breakup song! It’s the inner struggle we all have after a breakup. Do we hit the ex up even when we hate parts about them. But we also love parts about them. Not your typical twangy country, definitely a pop song but the beat is great and so are the lyrics. (This is also what’s going on my head so).
3. Beer 30- Florida Georgia Line: This is just a good song. Not going to win awards but just a mood song after a long week of working in the hot sun. It just makes me want to pop a top and start relaxing in the pool. Catchy hook and nice and mellow.
4. Agricultural Tragic- Corb Lund: This may sound crazy, but it’s kind of like a new age Johnny and June Cash song. Her voice mixed with his just sounds right. I mean it’s about different alcohols so it can’t be a bad song. Very twangy and western country. Just puts you in a good mood.
5. Abby- Travis Denning: The ultimate fuck your ex song. This guy has clearly moved on to the let’s bang every chick part of the breakup and it works. It’s a great anthem for people who are over their ex to blast loud and sing along. It has a tremendous hook and the chorus is fantastic. This song will blow up here soon.