Although the game isn’t set to drop until sometime later this year, first details on the multiplayer for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare have begun to surface. And this includes a first glimpse at a new 2 vs. 2 mode called Gunfight, which was streamed by a number of players earlier today.
Though the mode wasn’t shown in a trailer just yet, Activision describes it as a “new level of quick-action, close quarters duo-based combat” that is “a blast to play” and “watch,” according to their official website.
Here are the general basics of the mode, as broken down by the publisher:
- This is a four-player, two-versus-two game mode.
- It features a series of custom-made, confined maps; the smallest of those present in Multiplayer.
- Everybody gets the same loadout: Prove your adeptness with a wide variety of armaments!
- The loadouts switch every two rounds.
- The first duo to win six rounds wins.
From what we’re hearing, it’s quite the revolution for multiplayer thus far, with the following gameplay notes to boot:
- Each round lasts 40 seconds. After this, “Overtime” begins, and a flag spawns.
- The flag spawns if one or both players of each duo are still alive at the start of Overtime.
- Either team has 10 seconds to capture this flag. There is a three second capture time.
- During Overtime, you achieve victory by capturing this flag, or by defeating the other team.
- If no one defeats the other team or captures the flag, the duo with the higher health wins. If both sides have the same amount of health, the round is a draw.
- Each team switches to the opposite side of the map every two rounds.
So far, three maps have been revealed – King, which takes place inside a warehouse; Pine, which is in the middle of a somewhat dense forest; and Stack, inside a desert container yard. They all look pretty good thus far, but there’s more to come.
More details? Yepper!
- This is a fast-paced, pick-up-and-play experience that’s easy to learn.
- However, delve deeper into this mode and you’ll uncover tactically expansive gameplay that’s difficult to master.
- The close-quarter action, quick turnaround between rounds, and the speed in which you can return to the action make for an exceptionally competitive game mode.
- Some have compared the instant, entertaining, and competitive action to a fighting game. But one with armaments and set in the Call of Duty
- A typical loadout is a Primary weapon, a Secondary weapon, a Tactical Grenade (like a Flashbang), and a piece of Lethal Equipment (like a frag grenade).
- All information is subject to change during the game-balancing and fine-tuning portion of development.
- Gunfight is just one element, there is a ton of more content – modes, maps and overall goodness coming to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer.
The real question is…when will we get more info? Well, sooner than you think. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will get a FULL multiplayer reveal starting on August 1. We’ll have more details for you then!
The game will arrive on October 25 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
Our team is working endlessly around the clock... Please follow us on Twitter or Facebook!Follow @ProSportsExtra