Ever since its release late last year, Battlefield V has been engaging players with both its single player stories and multiplayer. But next week it steps up its game with its variation of the popular Battle Royale genre, titled Firestorm.
You can see the mode in action in the trailer above, and here’s a breakdown of how the mode works, straight from EA:
- Battlefield Core Gameplay: Firestorm comes with Battlefield V’s core gunplay and destruction intact. But expect surprising changes that’ll shake-up battle royale as you know it.
- Halvoy: This snow-covered peninsula draws the best soldiers into combat on the biggest Battlefield map ever.
- Objectives: Play as a squad to secure Re-supply Points and Vehicle Lockups that are strewn across the map for a chance at wielding vehicles and gear from Firestorm’s most valuable stockpiles.
- Combat Vehicles: Command an armory of devastating vehicles over land, air, and sea – including five new vehicles for Firestorm. If you want the power, you’ll have to take the risk and challenge other squads to be the first to unlock the best combat vehicles from Objectives.
- Reinforcements: Part of Firestorm’s rare loot, call down Reinforcements like the V-1 Rocket, artillery strikes, and combat vehicles to wreak havoc on the battlefield. On the flipside, order supply drops to aid your squad in an instant.
- Destruction: Firestorm brings true Battlefield destruction to the battle royale genre, making for unparalleled moments and unique tactical opportunities. No more camping in buildings when a V-1 rocket can blow your house in.
Judging by what we’ve seen thus far, Firestormlooks great. And thankfully, we won’t have to wait too much longer to get our hands on it.
Battlefield V is currently available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
Our team is working endlessly around the clock... Please follow us on Twitter or Facebook!Follow @ProSportsExtra