Andrew McCutchen is currently an outfielder for the Philadelphia Phillies and previously played for organizations such as the Pittsburgh Pirates, New York Yankees and the San Francisco Giants. McCutchen was drafted in 2005 by the Pittsburgh Pirates as the 11th overall pick in the first round.
During McCutchen’s tenure in Pittsburgh, he was the National League (NL) Most Valuable Player in 2013, a five-time All Star (2011–15), a four-time Silver Slugger Award winner (2012–15), a Gold Glove Award winner in 2012, and the Roberto Clemente Award winner in 2015. McCutchen led the NL in hits (194) in 2012, and in on-base percentage (.410), OPS (.952), and extra base hits (69) in 2014.
Throughout his career, he has won various awards including the following:
- Baseball America Rookie of the Year (2009)
- Home Run Derby participant (2012)
- 5× Major League Baseball All-Star (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- National League Most Valuable Player Award (2013)
- 5× National League Player of the Month Award (June 2012, July 2012, June 2014, August 2015, June 2017)
- 6× National League Player of the Week Award (July 8, 2012; July 15, 2012; June 15, 2014; July 13, 2014; May 24, 2015; August 9, 2015)
- 2× Players Choice Award for National League Outstanding Player (2012, 2013)
- Rawlings Gold Glove Award at outfield (2012)
- Roberto Clemente Award (2015)
- 4× Silver Slugger Award at outfield (2012–15)
Despite all of those awards, McCutchen’s biggest accolade is marrying his wife, Maria. Take a look below at some of her pictures and you’ll see why.
In other MLB news, there has been a lot of trade rumors and speculation as to who will be traded before the deadline approaches. Check out the video below to see which 7 players are most likely to get traded before the deadline!