Brock Lesnar is undoubtedly the biggest star over the past handful of years, dating back to when he shockingly ended the Streak at Wrestlemania. Ever since he’s been completely dominant, riding the top of the card whenever he’s around and usually he’s got a world title with him. It’s not surprising then to hear that a large number of fans say that they’re tired of Lesnar. They’re tired of suplex city and the short matches and I completely understand that viewpoint.
All that said, they are still five opponents that I want to see Brock Lesnar face. Let’s go through them!
5. Sheamus – Overall this year, I can’t say I’ve been a huge fan of most of RAW. However, one thing I did enjoy was the buildup of Team RAW for Survivor Series and the big-hoss matches with Braun, Keith Lee, and Sheamus. I admit it; I’m sucker for the monster fights. Sheamus has been underappreciated for a number of years I feel and he has the size and physicality to make for an excellent opponent for Brock.
4. Keith Lee – Right alongside Sheamus is the man he’s been tied to for the past couple of months, Keith Lee. Many view Lee as a top star to be on the red brand going forward. He’s been in the ring with many of the top guys and debuted by beating Randy Orton on PPV. We got a small tease at last year’s Royal Rumble and the fans LOVED it. Why not pay it off and solidify Keith Lee as a superstar in the process by giving him a match with the beast?
3. Cesaro – A bit of a dark horse pick, but isn’t that the story of Cesaro’s career? There was a time where it looked like bigger things were in store for Cesaro when he won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at Wrestlem ania. Alas, things never developed for the Swiss Superman/Cyborg. Still, it takes very little to get people back invested in Cesaro and the man can absolutely deliver in the ring. Maybe this isn’t a Wrestlemania match, but a Super Showdown special or a heavily hyped RAW? You wouldn’t need much story to get people tuned in.
2. Riddle – I know, I know. It’s neeeeeever gonna happen. Brock doesn’t like Riddle, Riddle rubs the wrong people the wrong way, I get it. You know what else I get? That, when it comes to WWE, never say never. Bret Hart returned to WWE. Jeff Jarrett returned to WWE. John Cena fought Shinsuke Nakamura for a chance to fight for the WWE Title at SummerSlam against JINDER MAHAL. There’s an element of realism that Riddle could bring to a Brock match that few others could, however there is one man….
1. Bobby Lashley – He’s been asking for it since he came back. Shoot, it might have been the primary reason that he came back to WWE. Yes, Bobby Lashley is the perfect opponent for Brock Lesnar. Somewhat quietly, Lashley has been an absolute force of nature on RAW. Seriously, ask yourself the last time you saw a midcard champion look anywhere close to as dominant as Lashley has as U.S. Champion? He has not only beaten every opponent, he’s done it in impressive fashion. Jeff Hardy has probably tapped out more times to Bobby Lashley in the past two months than he had in the prior 10 years combined. There are clearly bigger things ahead of Lashley and with MVP by his side to handle any shortcomings on the mic, there is no better opponent for the Beast Incarnate than the Almighty One.
Agree? Disagree? Did I forget someone? Let me know!
By Dylan Creighton (@DylanJames_77)