Being a single guy who likes to have a drink or two I figured I would come up with my top ten list of the best athletes I would want to party with. I will break this down really to who I believe would be the most fun drinking with not going to be a dumb piece of just hanging out with people who have achieved greatness so being in their presence makes it fun.
10. Michael Jordan- Now I know a lot of you are thinking didn’t I just read he said it wasn’t going to be about achievements and you’re right, but this has nothing to do with how great he is instead it is about the stories we have all heard. I myself like to gamble and if the legends are true about Jordan going on benders throughout the night and then playing basketball I am all in for this. Not only does Mike like to play cards he is an avid golfer which means you can start your day out on the course playing any number of gambling golf games there is while throwing down a bunch of adult beverages. After golf is wrapped up you can go to either a casino or a house game of cards for a night of cigars, adult beverages and I am sure lots of good stories. If lucky enough who wouldn’t like to say they took money from Mike in golf and or cards?
9. Ricky Fowler- This might not hold up as much now that he is in a serious relationship but before that, I am sure there were some good times. We have all seen the trips the guys take for spring break I can only imagine there are way better parties behind the scenes. With Ricky, I am not sure what we would all get into or what his partying style would entail. All I do know is he gave up dirt biking to become a golfer so you know there is a wild side that would be cool to see.
8. John Daly- Even though Daly is up there in age now I still see shots on social media of all kinds of crazy stuff the guy gets into. This is a different aspect of getting messed up then with Jordan. Daly is a guy who does not care where He parties from the trailer park to the nicest Country Club’s clubhouse. When Daly goes in he is full-board I am sure if I try and stay drink for drink with him I am going to puke at some time that night. I can only imagine the crazy shit we would get into and maybe never get out of.
7. Floyd Mayweather- For starters, he is called the money team so you know he’s going to blow money in the best way possible. Hopefully, before you start to party if you get in good enough he will let you go drive one of his many exotic and expensive cars that I probably won’t even get to see in my lifetime let alone drive one. The Money Team I am sure could get you into a ringside seat of the top boxing event of the year. V.I.P for any club you wanted in Las Vegas as well.
6. Charles Barkley- My main reason for wanting to party with Charles is the fact he gives two shits less about what anyone thinks of him and will let them know it, he once threw a man out of a window which is awesome. I am a degenerate gambler and I know Barkley is as well, so sitting all day at a Sportsbook in Las Vegas or any casino playing games would be a hell of a day spent.
5. Darryl Strawberry- This one is more if I could time travel, no one wants to party with him now. I don’t do any illegal drugs but I cant say it wouldn’t have been fun to see him in his spun out years doing all the crazy shit that’s been reported. Darryl could probably get you into some clubs you have never heard of in some crazy alleys in America.
4. John Mcenroe- Johnny Mac is just a living legend if you don’t want to party with him I can’t be your friend in life. When he went on Mr. Deeds with Adam Sandler and was out roasting the town together I couldn’t stop laughing, that would be a great thing to reenact. I am kind of an asshole but he takes it even further and I would love to have that guy as my friend out at bars together seeing what we would get into.
3. Conor Mcgregor- This would be more for the entertainment that you are out with one of the toughest men on the planet and he raises hell. We have all seen his crazy acts when he is sober and spouting crazy shit out of his mouth and throwing shit wanting to fight people can’t imagine what it would be like with some drinks in him. He comes from a tough neighborhood so not just being able to start shit and knowing you are probably going to win, but also getting to hear some of the stuff he lived through would be awesome.
2. Rob Gronkowski– “Gronk” in its self-lets you know this guy is down to have a good time. I am not a “BRO” guy although I have hung with some in my day and I can’t stop laughing when I have been out with them. Which is part of the reason the biggest “BRO” of them all would be nothing short of fantastic! He has rented out a whole cruise ship to have a party on and I can only imagine the girls he brings to the party. With his carefree and upbeat personality it can only go one way and maybe the party will never end.
You’ve made it this far, give us a Facebook like!
1. Mike Tyson- The former toughest man in America that held nothing back in his prime. Even to this day, it would probably be fun to go hang with Tyson but I would also like to travel back in time and meet him in his prime. Conor is today’s Tyson but a little bit tamer than the stories of Tyson of old. Rarely anyone gets that beyond superstar level like Tyson did and it would be fun to be along for any of that ride to see and hear the things going on in his life at that time.
Nominations that came close and just missed out would be Andre The Giant, Tiger Woods, Ric Flair, and Wade Boggs. The wrestlers didn’t get in just cause most of the stories you hear is them just at a bar drinking and they never have days off to really get enjoyment out of it. Wade Boggs just cause his legends proceeds him with the flight they say he drank 64 beers on and also he told Charley Day of Always Sunny in Philadelphia he drank 107 beers once in a day. Only reason Tiger didn’t make the cut is we all know he doesn’t really like friends so he probably would never let me hang around him on his crazy Las Vegas trips.