END OF 2ND
6:46 IN 1ST
10:30 PM ET
- Late Game Heroics Lead Heat To VictoryPosted 19 hours ago
- What Will The Cavs Do At #1?Posted 20 hours ago
- Crabtree Suffers Torn Achilles During OTAsPosted 21 hours ago
- Longtime Bears LB Urlacher RetiresPosted 1 day ago
- How You Doin’? Your Daily Fantasy Baseball AdvicePosted 1 day ago
- Kevin Durant Shows New Back TattoosPosted 1 day ago
- Trout Leads Halos With CyclePosted 2 days ago
- Woodson Returns to Raiders On 1-Year DealPosted 2 days ago
- Heat vs Pacers PredictionPosted 2 days ago
- Vinny Del Negro Fired as Clippers Head CoachPosted 2 days ago
The Spartans Defeat Ohio State in a Close One
- Updated: January 20, 2013
Michigan State didn’t disappoint in its’ first true test in Big Ten play, as they beat the No. 11 Ohio State Buckeyes 59-56 in a very physical, entertaining, and tense close game. The Izzone was the loudest its’ ever been all season long, and they definitely deserve credit for this one, as the players fed off of them all game long.
Appling scored the final 6 points for the Spartans and had the game winning break-away dunk with about 17 seconds left in the game. Appling lead MSU with 15 points and Adreian Payne with 14 for MSU (16-3, 5-1), while Deshaun Thomas was the one man show for Ohio State (13-4, 3-2) accounting for exactly half of OSU’s total with 28 points.
After Appling’s dunk with 17 seconds left, Lenzelle Smith Jr. came right back down and hit a contested three to make it 57-56 with just 10.8 seconds left. Appling was fouled on the next possession and went to the line with 7.9 remaining, hitting both. Ohio State’s Shannon Scott then forced a last second shot that missed badly to seal an MSU win. With this win, the Spartans are now currently alone in 1st in the Big Ten with a 16-3 overall record and a 5-1 conference record.
Image From: Official Michigan State Spartans Facebook Page
Latest posts by Jake Exline (see all)
- Rick Porcello wins Tigers’ 5th starter role, Smyly to bullpen - March 26, 2013
- Michigan State vs. Duke Sweet Sixteen Preview - March 24, 2013
- Michigan vs. Michigan State preview - February 12, 2013