Calumet, Michigan the winner of Kraft Hockeyville 2019 will host the Detroit Red Wings and St. Louis Blues for an NHL preseason game on Thursday, Sept. 26th.
NBC Sports will provide live coverage of Kraft Hockeyville USA 2019 at 6 p.m. CT on NBCSN.
As we mentioned in the past, Calumet won $150,000 in rink upgrades. And also $10,000 in equipment from NHLPA Goals & Dreams. Calumet Colosseum is the oldest indoor ice arena.
“The Red Wings are very excited to have the unique opportunity to take part in Kraft Hockeyville USA,” said Red Wings executive vice president and general manager Ken Holland.
“There are many Red Wings fans throughout northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula, so we’re excited to share in this special day to celebrate our great game playing against an old rival in the St. Louis Blues.”
“We’re proud to be participating in this event for the second time,” said Blues GM Doug Armstrong. “Kraft Hockeyville USA is a great initiative and it mirrors our organization’s continued efforts to grow the game.”
Tickets will be FREE. But it’ll be a lotto type of system with more information to come at a later date.
What we know right now:
– There will be a lottery system of some sort, with tickets available for the game itself and the morning skates of both teams.
– Tickets will be free to everyone who gets one.
– We are very excited to get youth hockey players into the rink to experience as much of this as possible.
– We hope to host additional events outside of the morning skates and game itself with the intention of bringing our community as close as possible to this once-in-a-lifetime event!
– Updates will be posted here on the Calumet Colosseum Facebook page, on the Instagram page (CalumetColosseum), our Twitter handle (@CalColosseum when it launches) and our website. Keep up to date with us and let’s have some fun!
For more information, visit www.KraftHockeyville.com.