- Monta Ellis To Opt Out Of Contract
- Lakers Not On Board With Trade For Howard
- Anibal Sanchez, Alex Avila Sent to 15-Day Disabled List
- Chad Johnson Released from Jail
- Spurs take 3-2 lead behind Ginobili’s breakout game
- Heat Redeem Themselves in Game 4
- Jason Kidd Named Nets New Head Coach
- Flashback: Jordan Wins First Championship
- Stanley Cup Finals Preview
- Detroit Faces Bankruptcy, Joe Louis Arena Could Be Sold As Assets
Cardinals Release LB Stewart Bradley and CB William Gay
- Updated: March 1, 2013
Today the Arizona Cardinals announced that they have released LB Steward Bradley and CB William Gay. In 2011, the Arizona Cardinals and linebacker Stewart Bradley hooked up via a five-year, $30 million contract.
About two season later, Bradley is now without a job after the Cardinals released him.
NFL.com’s Aditi Kinkhabwala reported via a team source that Bradley was coming through customs while returning from his honeymoon when he got the call that he was being released. The move will save $3.5 million against the salary cap, as Bradley was due to collect $5 million this season.
Gay, a 15-game starter in his first year since coming over from the Pittsburgh Steelers, was due $3.225 million after triggering an escalator in his contract. His release could mean the team is counting on re-signing free agent Greg Toler, who came on strong at the end of the season. (FROM NFL.COM’s Insider Chris Wesseling)