- Monta Ellis To Opt Out Of Contract
- Lakers Not On Board With Trade For Howard
- Anibal Sanchez, Alex Avila Sent to 15-Day Disabled List
- Chad Johnson Released from Jail
- Spurs take 3-2 lead behind Ginobili’s breakout game
- Heat Redeem Themselves in Game 4
- Jason Kidd Named Nets New Head Coach
- Flashback: Jordan Wins First Championship
- Stanley Cup Finals Preview
- Detroit Faces Bankruptcy, Joe Louis Arena Could Be Sold As Assets
Nets Not Interested In Dwight Howard
- Updated: January 30, 2013
Contrary to the common belief, the Brooklyn Nets are NOT interested in pursuing the Lakers star Center Dwight Howard. Although Howard showed serious interest in joining the ball club last season, this year the Nets are showing much less interest.
When asked about the possible trade talks, Nets center Brook Lopez had to say this: “I was at that point a long time ago,” he said before the Nets faced the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night at Target Center. “I don’t pay any attention to what the media says. I just go about my business and focus on what’s important here.”
Nets coach P.J. Carlesimo also backed up Lopez, “We’ve been saying all along, he’s been playing in my opinion as well as any center in the league,” Nets Coach P. J. Carlesimo said. “I don’t think that’s me trying to sell him or anything like that. The numbers back it up, and people who have seen him can see that.” Future trade talks with other teams have been silenced for the time being.
Image From: www.nydailynews.com