- Monta Ellis To Opt Out Of Contract
- Lakers Not On Board With Trade For Howard
- Anibal Sanchez, Alex Avila Sent to 15-Day Disabled List
- Chad Johnson Released from Jail
- Spurs take 3-2 lead behind Ginobili’s breakout game
- Heat Redeem Themselves in Game 4
- Jason Kidd Named Nets New Head Coach
- Flashback: Jordan Wins First Championship
- Stanley Cup Finals Preview
- Detroit Faces Bankruptcy, Joe Louis Arena Could Be Sold As Assets
Report: Chip Kelly Points to the Browns
- Updated: January 4, 2013
Oregon Coach Chip Kelly is expected to enter the NFL next year as a head coach. The Cleveland Browns are currently the front runners for the successful coach out of Oregon. If all goes as expected, we will see Chip Kelly coaching Brandon Weeden and the Browns next year. Kelly has led the Oregon Ducks to quite a few successful seasons. Kelly is a great college coach that is not tied up in a big time SEC school that can offer as much as a NFL team.
Kelly runs a extremely fast offense that attempts to score as fast as possible and with as big as plays as possible. He promotes a solid passing and running attack mixed in with a solid play stopping defense. Throw in a crafty special team and you have a great college coach in Kelly, but can his success transfer to the NFL? Some college coaches have success in the NFL while others can be a complete and utter disaster.
Kelly’s defense should fit well on the Browns team and in the NFL. But the problem could be with his offense. Kelly’s offense is not proven in the NFL and the Brown’s are not exactly the explosive passing game that his offense requires. The Browns can fix this possibly by adding some solid wide receivers and a above average tight end. They may also want to do some work to their offensive line. Leave Trent Richardson were he is at, he can get the job done.
Image from: Zimbio.com
← Previous Story Report: Andy Reid to become Kansas City Chiefs new head coach